Awaken has a far infrared sauna! Add it on to your next massage appointment to increase your benefits. We recommend doing your sauna before your massage to allow for deeper work and if you're coming in for a skin care service you can choose before or after! Here's why you should try it out.
Far infrared saunas use infrared heaters to emit radiant heat, which is absorbed directly by the body, unlike traditional saunas that heat the air around you. This form of heat penetrates deeper into the skin and tissues, providing a range of benefits.
1. Relaxation and Stress Reduction: The soothing warmth of a far infrared sauna can help relax muscles and soothe the mind. It promotes the release of endorphins, the body's natural mood enhancers, which can lead to reduced stress and an overall sense of well-being.
2. Pain Relief: Infrared heat can penetrate deep into tissues, helping to relax muscles and alleviate chronic pain, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and muscle spasms. It can also promote faster healing of injuries.
3. Improved Circulation: Far infrared heat can increase blood flow and improve circulation. This can have benefits for cardiovascular health and may help with issues like hypertension and atherosclerosis.
4. Improved Skin Health: The increased blood flow and sweating induced by a far infrared sauna can lead to healthier, more vibrant skin. It can help cleanse the skin of impurities and improve overall tone and texture.
.5. Improved Immune Function: Regular use of far infrared saunas may help stimulate the production of white blood cells, which can enhance the immune system's ability to fight off illnesses.
6. Enhanced Cardiovascular Health: Research suggests that regular use of far infrared saunas may lead to improvements in various cardiovascular risk factors, including blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and arterial function.
7. Relief from Respiratory Conditions: The soothing heat can help with respiratory issues like asthma, bronchitis, and sinus congestion. It can help open up airways and promote easier breathing.
8. Improved Mood and Sleep: The relaxation and stress-reducing effects of far infrared saunas can lead to better sleep and an improved mood. It can be particularly beneficial for individuals dealing with anxiety, depression, or sleep disorders.
While far infrared saunas offer a range of benefits here are certain situations in which their use may not be advisable or should be approached with caution. If you have any of the following avoid or consult a healthcare professional before using a far infrared sauna:
Pregnancy, Cardiovascular Conditions: Individuals with cardiovascular issues, such as hypertension, heart disease, Hypotension (Low Blood Pressure): Recent Surgery,
Bleeding Disorders, Skin Conditions, Dehydration, Alcohol or Drug Use, Fever or Illness, Elderly Individuals and Children, Chronic Conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, or certain neurological disorders should consult their healthcare provider before using a sauna, as the heat may exacerbate symptoms.